A much asked question! A friend of mine got his Newly bought Nokia 701 Smartphone stuck at the starting screen and it was freezed there so he asked me about the reset. So first as some sort of helpful guy who tries to get a solution without deleting the data i suggested him to remove battery and then restart the phone. He tried and same thing happened, again he was on the start screen. So out of so many ways to get out of this i told him the best possible and its called Three Button Hard Reset.
How to perform a 3 Button Hard Reset on Nokia 701:
- Remove the battery and pop the memory card out of the phone. You can also remove the SIM card but the latest Nokia Belle Refresh (FP1, FP2) requires a SIM card to start the phone sometimes.
- Push the battery back and before pressing the ON button do the listed.
- Hold Menu Button
- Simultaneously hold Camera Button along with Volume Down Button.
- Grip the phone tightly without leaving those three buttons and press Start Button.
- Once the phone vibrates lightly leave the Power On button while keep holding three buttons.
- Wait till the phone reaches Start Screen (Where Nokia Connecting People Appears).
- Leave all the buttons and yipee you are ready with all new settings and configuration.
Warning: Please do not try this if you haven’t backed up your data.